Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What it cost...

Default What it cost...

$495.27 in gas for the tow rig
    $65 in gas for the Jeep (paid cash so I think its about that.)
    Parts and other stuff for the jeep I am not counting. That's just part of wheeling
    $1437.28 4 days of redbull on the drive out and the drive home...
    Touch the cow. Do it NOW!

That's not too terrible. If you went back, would you stay longer on the trail?

How'd the truck do MPG?

Quote Originally Posted by Avis View Post
    That's not too terrible. If you went back, would you stay longer on the trail?

How'd the truck do MPG?
    yeah itd be fun to do an extra night or 2 on it. Buck Island had enough fishing and big enough of a lake to camp at, and rubicon springs with the waterfall is great.
    Zombie Caving
    Siblings are like sausages. Itís better not to see them being made.

That was the plan but my jeep had other ideas and we spent the extra day at napa...
    I wanted to get out early and wheel into rubicon springs the first night. Camp 2 night and then head out. I would do buck again as a day one stop. con would be great as a day 2 stop with the falls and swimming.

3 days on the trail would be more than enough.

8.1 mpg. for 1600 miles Was getting 6.4 doing the climb outside of Vegas. Needs deeper gears
    Touch the cow. Do it NOW!

awesome, hopefully in a couple years

Gears would be a bit pricey, but if you plan on keeping the truck it's probably worth the money

speaking of pricey - I think Matt has an appointment tomorrow to look at the tahoe - had some tranny noise coming home

hopefully its under $3
    Zombie Caving

Quote Originally Posted by offroadaz View Post
    speaking of pricey - I think Matt has an appointment tomorrow to look at the tahoe - had some tranny noise coming home

hopefully its under $3
    Bummer :/ How'd my trailer hold up?

Quote Originally Posted by Avis View Post
    Bummer :/ How'd my trailer hold up?
    pretty good, I think the dam security people were nervous about the ammo cans though
    Zombie Caving

Tahoe is at Pete's. It sounded like a bearing between the trans and transfer case. The guy at the desk made it sound like if anything was wrong they were rebuilding the whole thing. I'm hoping it's under $3.

Your trailer did awesome. The ammo cans were a dam concern. But not as much of an issue as the lady asking if Bob was my dad. LOLOLOLOL

I got 10.1 for the trip. Much better than I thought with your heavy duty trailer and a lot of spare parts.

I'll text you to make plans to bring it back when I know a bit more about the Tahoe. Hopefully I can coordinate picking it up and coming to you since its almost halfway.

Quote Originally Posted by sweathog View Post
    Tahoe is at Pete's. It sounded like a bearing between the trans and transfer case. The guy at the desk made it sound like if anything was wrong they were rebuilding the whole thing. I'm hoping it's under $3.

Your trailer did awesome. The ammo cans were a dam concern. But not as much of an issue as the lady asking if Bob was my dad. LOLOLOLOL

I got 10.1 for the trip. Much better than I thought with your heavy duty trailer and a lot of spare parts.

I'll text you to make plans to bring it back when I know a bit more about the Tahoe. Hopefully I can coordinate picking it up and coming to you since its almost halfway.

That's pretty funny on the ammo cans, did they make you open them up ?

Glad the trailer did good! no rush on bringing it back, whenever's good for you.