Thread: Manmping 2007 - Fossil Springs

Default Manmping 2007 - Fossil Springs

Here's a few pics.
    You other tripees tell the stories

Disclaimably quotastic
    I are photographer
    armchaircrisis.com

I know Chris has a couple good actions shots too :cool)
    Disclaimably quotastic
    I are photographer
    armchaircrisis.com

Way cool. Wish I could have made it...
    Touch the cow. Do it NOW!

looks like you boys had fun. Who won the point thing?
    When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bike. Then I realized that God doesn't work that way, so I stole one and asked him to forgive me.

had a good time, nice mountain views out there.

ill admit though, i was more then a little sore when I woke up this morning

ill post up some pics tonight when im home from work
    Zombie Caving
    Siblings are like sausages. Itís better not to see them being made.

We didnt get to do the point thing. We got to our camping spot a little later than we had planned.

Lets just say the "well marked trail" at the start of the trip is a little harder to find than you would think. In fact it is so hard to find not a single park ranger knows where it is. So after an hour of looking for it we decided to con one of the demolition works at the power plant to open the gate to the old Jeep trail.

The hike to the falls was pretty rought, but we had used a lot of our energy looking for the trail. The way back was much easier and took us almost exactly 2 hours to do the 4 mile hike.

All in all I had a great time and cant wait to go back. The reward at the end of the hike is so worth it.
    "The American Indians found out what happens when
    you don't control immigration."

Zombie Caving
    Siblings are like sausages. Itís better not to see them being made.

Great action shots Chris.
    This really was a great trip. The swimming hole/springs/waterfalls/rope swing were a great prize after the hike. And to think some of you didn't know there even was a end game reward : )

It was so beautiful there. Great just to relax, eat and poop berries at leisure.
    Thanks a bunch Chris for bringing your water purifier. It worked swell.

It was crazy getting behind the big fall. It was pretty tough for me to swim up stream to it. Mostly because you can't see if you're making progress or not b/c of all the water kicking around. When I got to the falls, everybody else had already gone through to the other side. Each person that got there kinda had to be led to duck down under the water to be able to get behind it. You put any part of your body un the path of that water and boom it knocks it down hard. Freaky when someone kept trying to grab my hand from behind. Once I figured out how to go under the wall, it was pretty cool inside. Even some cave formations going on there.

Thanks again. Had fun with all you guys.
    Will have to do again.
    Disclaimably quotastic
    I are photographer
    armchaircrisis.com

Wow this makes me want to get out of the military and move down that way. Some amazing stuff I have seen so far from all of your trip reports. I know for sure I would love to be stationed there some time.