Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2017 JKU Build

Took the jeep over to Kyle's house yesterday to flex it out and figure out what hits and what's good.

[IMG]Untitled by Daniel Avis, on Flickr[/IMG]

Front touches the bolt on that bracket.... that's it. So I'm going to extend the bump probably an inch.

Everything in the back along the frame rail clears just fine

Best we could tell, the sway bar bracket is what finally keeps the axle from dropping more. The shock at this point was hitting the frame, so i'm going to get some relocation brackets that move the bottom of the shock outward to clear and full drop.

Clearance between frame and truss at full stuff

Bottom of the jeep has seen some use

The rear tire's at full stuff hit the pinch weld pretty good... normally I'd take a hammer to that, but being that it's a brand new jeep I will bolt on some extensions for the bump stops to solve that. Overall super happy with it, bump stops will solve all my rubbing issues and a couple brackets will solve the shock / frame issue. Jeep still sits low to the ground like I wanted and still flexes out pretty dang good.

Over the next week or so the Jeep will be getting 4.88 gears, ballistic fab diff covers, Letzroll aluminum 1ton steering, Rock Krawler rear track bar, Artec skids, and a CB... Also scored some free driveshafts for spares just in case.

That's some serious skids!
    Disclaimably quotastic
    I are photographer
    armchaircrisis.com

I have to say, I'm a bit jealous... You've done some serious stuff to this JK and it's making me want do do it, too.
    2009 4-door JK - 85% daily driver, 15% hunting vehicle, 100% fun!

It's better to be prepared, than scared.
    Mailman by day, Gun Nut by night.
    NRA Certified Instructor - 5 disciplines.

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndchance View Post
    I have to say, I'm a bit jealous... You've done some serious stuff to this JK and it's making me want do do it, too.
    haha it's only money... but for real, build it up a little and come wheeling!

Took the Jeep out this weekend for a little shakedown of the new parts and gears before I hit Moab in two weeks.. glad I did. When I first got the Jeep back, the flipped drag link hit the frame on hard bumps. So for a temp solution until I can buy a "big boy" lift kit, I added 2 inch spacers and it worked great.... until I went off road. Hits the frame pretty good. I have two affordable options... either adding more bump stop to the passenger side and sacrificing up travel, or notching the frame to clear the drag link. Now it pains me a little to cut the frame on a Jeep that's less than a year, but it's just a Jeep..

I do however LOVE the new gears. So much better on the freeway and hills. Haven't pulled the trailer with it yet, but EJS will test that one out.

I do love the upgraded steering and it's noticeable on road with the bigger tires and such. Just need to get the drag link clearance figured out and I'll be golden.

Here's a picture cause that's what the internet is all about
    Untitled by Daniel Avis, on Flickr

Wow! You JK has more flex now. Nice mods you did!

Rock Krawler arms and springs are in... Jeep rides so much better with the spacers gone. Also relocated the brake lines to the inside of the frame so I don't ever snag them again.

Don't worry Bob, I'm going to keep it mostly stock for the first year or two.......
    Last edited by Avis; 04-27-2018 at 08:31 AM.

did you go taller? or same height without the spacer?