Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Trail run in November

Mike, what dates for your trip?

Weekend of Nov 4th
    Disclaimably quotastic
    I are photographer
    armchaircrisis.com

Taking a day off for it? Or is it a run up after work Friday come home Sunday trip?

Noel has taken off Monday. I would want two nights again there.
    Friday after noon would work for departure (instead of Saturday morning) if Monday doesn't work for other attendees .
    The plan would be to take the 4wd road in. I was told it could require lockers but that was from a Cherokee guy....
    I took the long reach around way in last time that requires an unfriendly ranch crossing (they were not home at my crossing). It's a govt allotment so it's not technically PP but they act like it is. But a lot has burned on that way in and it's long too. So since this is a 4wd club that talks about getting out more with their delicate car camping heinies, I figured it'd be a good run to try and could coincide with some fall color with whatever non pokey trees are actually left in this state.
    Disclaimably quotastic
    I are photographer
    armchaircrisis.com

Quote Originally Posted by Skatchkins View Post
    Noel has taken off Monday. I would want two nights again there.
    Friday after noon would work for departure (instead of Saturday morning) if Monday doesn't work for other attendees .
    The plan would be to take the 4wd road in. I was told it could require lockers but that was from a Cherokee guy....
    I took the long reach around way in last time that requires an unfriendly ranch crossing (they were not home at my crossing). It's a govt allotment so it's not technically PP but they act like it is. But a lot has burned on that way in and it's long too. So since this is a 4wd club that talks about getting out more with their delicate car camping heinies, I figured it'd be a good run to try and could coincide with some fall color with whatever non pokey trees are actually left in this state.
    Cool, very interested. Let me talk with Chelcee tonight.

Mike, talked with Chelcee and she can't commit to anything for another week or better until her class opens up and she can see how much homework is going to be due and such. Being that it's only an hour(ish) drive to the trailhead I think we'll go ahead and tentatively plan on it. Worst case, it'll just be me goin.

Looks like a nasty little road headed down to camp... should be fun :D
    Last edited by Avis; 09-22-2017 at 06:12 AM.

looks fun - but ill say now, wont be able to make an overnight due to travel stuff
    Zombie Caving
    Siblings are like sausages. Itís better not to see them being made.

One of the days, whoever wants can go downstream a bit to sight see and see what the trees are doing. There's a cabin at the end (and maybe a second I didn't make it to).
    Another day, the guys could drive up the black route and check out some of the old mining stuff. There's some pretty cool stuff scattered out there.
    Last edited by Skatchkins; 09-22-2017 at 11:25 AM.
    Disclaimably quotastic
    I are photographer
    armchaircrisis.com

Quote Originally Posted by Skatchkins View Post
    One of the days, whomever wants can go downstream a bit to sight see and see what the trees are doing. There's a cabin at the end (and maybe a second I didn't make it to).
    Another day, the guys could drive up the black route and check out some of the old mining stuff. There's some pretty cool stuff scattered out there.
    I am game for both of those activities.

Jonathan and his new lift are in. Any other HG'ers want in on the wheel, s'plore, and camp?
    Disclaimably quotastic
    I are photographer
    armchaircrisis.com