Thread: lasik?

Default lasik?

Anyone had it done? Trying to fix my astigmatism - kinda annoying that everything is shadowed when looking at print and stuff far away

Also, it doesnt fix farsightedness does it? My eyes are farsighted with astigmatism
    Zombie Caving
    Siblings are like sausages. Itís better not to see them being made.

Good friend of mine had it done years ago. Claims it's the best thing he's ever done. His vision was horrible like mine and he's never had any problems..

waiting to see how Jimmys went

only experience i have is from 10 years ago from a colleague, he had a side effect where after the surgery his eyes were constantly dry and he had to use eye drops all day
    Zombie Caving

Marcia had it done about 10 years ago. She did have the dry eye issue for maybe 6 months. She has better vision than I do now. No regrets.

It's been 3 days and I've been quite pleased with my experience. I have 20/15 vision now.

I chose to go with the monovision since I spend half of my time needing to see both far and near. My dominant eye is set for distance. My support eye is for reading. The only issue is when driving at night. They recommend getting a pair of driving glasses that brings my reading eye the same as my distance eye. This way it will reduce any starbursting or potential blurring. They also recommend a pair of readers for when I feel the need to spend a lot of time on a good book. In most cases, I won't need the reader.

Dry eyes is the big concern for the first 90 days so they provided me with a 3 month supply of "natural tear" eye drops. Other than that, I have two medication drops that I will need for the next 5-8 days (or when used up). A 2/day antibiotic drop, and a 4/day medicine drop.

Dr. Perry @ LasikPlus has been fantastic, as well as all the other doctors and support staff. Called me the night before the procedure to answer any questions or concerns. Called me after the procedure to check up on me.

At this point, I would highly recommend them. Chris, if you decide to go with them, let them know I referred you. They'll most likely give you my price. $3,097 for the entire procedure, including all follow-ups and touch-ups.

I fully expect to be happy with my decision. I just wished I did it 10 years earlier.
    2009 4-door JK - 85% daily driver, 15% hunting vehicle, 100% fun!

It's better to be prepared, than scared.
    Mailman by day, Gun Nut by night.
    NRA Certified Instructor - 5 disciplines.

Thanks for the info

What was your eyes like before the surgery? Nearsighted,farsighted, astigmatism?
    Zombie Caving

@jimmy any updates?
    Zombie Caving

Quote Originally Posted by offroadaz View Post
    @jimmy any updates?
    Sorry for the delay. Been stupid busy. Here I go...

I had both astigmatism and near sighted vision and was up in the 500+. I've been wanting to do this for over 10 years but every year something came up. This year I finally just said screw it and had it done. I had the option of doing both eyes the same and have distance vision, but for reading I would need cheaters. Since my job required me to constantly be looking both near and far, I decided to do monovision. My left (dominant) eye was set for distance. My right eye was set for near. This way I get the best of both worlds.

PRO: I don't need glasses for either distance or for reading. The brain is smart enough to notice the "blur" in between both eyes and can quickly compensate. Still, both eyes are not perfect and I still get the occasional blurring but just a few blinks and I'm back to normal. Since I'm also a shooter having my dominant eye be the distance eye allows me to use my rifle scope and not have issues.

CON: As stated earlier, both eyes are not "perfect". Although I can see 20/15 in each eye the "blur" can be annoying. Especially when driving at night. It's recommended to have a pair of driving shades made. It magnifies the weak eye to be the same as the dominant eye so both eyes are the same. This will help a lot. I have not done this yet but I will soon.

It's been 2 months and I still have some starburst effects when driving at night. The driving shades may correct some of this. In the meantime I'm wearing a pair of yellow tinted shooting glasses. Not only does it help with the glare but it also sharpens everything.

If after awhile I find that this monovision isn't right for me, they can redo my right eye to also be for distance and I'll go with cheaters. Personally, I don't think I'll be doing this. At least not while I'm still working at the post office.

I have no regrets, other than I wish I did this 10 years ago. Now that I'm 46, my eyes are changing faster than when I was 26 or 36. I may need an adjustment in 5 or 6 years, but it's covered. The only issue is that each eye can only be corrected one more time with Lasik. After that, adjustments will have to be via the old RK method.

I went with Lasik Plus. With my referral discount I paid $3,097. I also financed it via CareCredit because it gave me 0% interest for 12 months. I have it set to auto-pay from my savings account and will have it paid off in 11 months. I don't want to accidently let it drift past the 12 months or it will back charge me the 12 months of interest at 23%. No Bueno.

Chris, do it!
    2009 4-door JK - 85% daily driver, 15% hunting vehicle, 100% fun!

It's better to be prepared, than scared.
    Mailman by day, Gun Nut by night.
    NRA Certified Instructor - 5 disciplines.