Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So. This is really happening.

bacon So. This is really happening.

*** dates edited since original posting ***

Still kinda weird to think that I'm moving back to Arkansas. We truly love it out here and you guys are the closest brothers I've ever had. A happy/sad event coming up for sure (happy to moving near my family, sad to be moving away from my family).

Status: I signed on the new house May 15th, so that's done. Moving dates have been picked (info below).

Here are timelines:

May 31st Jennifer and Kate are flying back to Little Rock to spend a few days with her parents, then head up to Bella Vista, AR and begin preparing our new home for the moving truck arrival.

I'm picking up the truck the afternoon of June 3rd and loading up for moving on that Saturday. Unfortunately, I'm out of town for work on that Friday.

Heading out about 6 AM on Sunday the 4th. Driving a little over half way. Monday, June 5th we'll drive the rest of the way and unload the truck that night. The 5th will be my first night in the new house.

The plan: Ivan is staying here with me. Andrew has volunteered to help load and drive across country with us (one last LROR road trip...) and help unloading the truck in Arkansas. He'll fly back on Tuesday, the 6th.

Where I need help: If anyone is available Saturday afternoon, June 5th - I always can use hands to load the moving truck. Right now it's me, Ivan, and Andrew.

(I had originally posted here to have a get together on that Saturday night, pack Sunday, move on Monday... but that's out as I need to leave on Sunday morning now. that being said, anyone who wants to stay late can on Saturday, but we need to be on the road at 6 AM Sunday morning.)

Thanks guys. About two weeks and all of this starts happening. It's becoming very real. :-/

Updated with my address:

12330 W. Eagle Ridge Ln.
    Peoria, AZ 85383
    Last edited by alanzona; 06-01-2017 at 07:41 AM.
    The Dusty Gnome / White Collar Publishing
    Follow @thedustygnome on Twitter and at www.thedustygnome.com or White Collar Publishing on FB

So... even my semi-fun can't last long... Looks like I need to move out Sunday, June 4th, so full day of loading would be Saturday the 3rd.

Grrrrr.
    Follow @thedustygnome on Twitter and at www.thedustygnome.com or White Collar Publishing on FB

I can help Friday night if needed. Have another move Saturday that I'm obligated to.
    Touch the cow. Do it NOW!

Quote Originally Posted by fatbob309 View Post
    I can help Friday night if needed. Have another move Saturday that I'm obligated to.
    thanks brother. I'll be flying back from MN Friday night, or I would take you up on it. I might still come by late and cuddle, though. ;-)

My Saturday is pretty packed but I'll try and swing through to help with any big items. I can help Sunday morning if you need anything last minute.

Quote Originally Posted by sweathog View Post
    My Saturday is pretty packed but I'll try and swing through to help with any big items. I can help Sunday morning if you need anything last minute.
    Thanks buddy. Actually, I could use a hand on MONDAY night (bringing in the trash and recycle bins and putting them behind the gate) if you don't mind.

I don't mind at all. I'll take care of it.

ill be in town - so whichever dates you need help let me know
    Zombie Caving
    Siblings are like sausages. Itís better not to see them being made.

I should be available.
    Disclaimably quotastic
    I are photographer
    armchaircrisis.com

Thank you, guys. Right now let's plan on Saturday afternoon starting around 2 PM. I'll have the house pre-packed, so it's just loading the truck, then maybe we an all have dinner/pizza here at the house.