Thread: Emmas school tax donation

Default Emmas school tax donation

Totally non pressure. We already had my parents, megans parents and uncle donate for this year so we have most tuition covered. But if youre so inclined to get a dollar for dollar tax credit - heres the info

Hi friends and family!

We are looking for families and friends who may be interested in receiving a dollar for dollar tax credit on their 2016 taxes by donating towards Emma’s school tuition at Northwest Christian School. This is accomplished by donating to Arizona Christian School Tuition Organization (ACSTO).

The way the tax credit works:
    Married Couples: The maximum amount one can donate is $1090 for the Original Tax credit and $1083 for the Overflow/Plus tax credit. Emma qualifies for both tax credits bringing the total amount that can be donate to $2,173.

Single Taxpayer: The maximum amount one can donate is $545 for the Original Tax credit and $542 for the Overflow/Plus tax credit. Emma qualifies for both tax credits bringing the total amount that can be donated to $1087.
    The program is anonymous so we will never know who donated and how much they donated.
    One way to go about this is that you can start the process of filing your taxes before you decide if you want to donate. Once you figure out if you are either going to owe money in taxes or receive money back in taxes, you can then determine if you want to donate and how much.
    *If you owe money on taxes this year, donating to ASCTO will bring that amount down dollar for dollar in the amount that you donated or can even make it so that you don’t owe anything, depending on the amount that you owe and give to ACSTO.

*If you are going to receive money back in taxes this year, donating to ACSTO will give you back even more of a return, dollar for dollar in the amount that you donated.
    To Sign up:
    You go to the website www.ascsto.org and click “donate now”. You can donate online through the donor portal OR by phone or mail. You must recommend Emma Brewer in the child recommendation portion of the form in order for Emma to have a chance at receiving the money.
    In order to file the return on your 2016 taxes, the money needs to be donated by April 15th 2017.

If you are interested, donating is a very easy process. The money that you donate comes right back to you either in the form of lowering the money that you owe on your taxes or else giving you a full money back return in the amount that you donated, if you are already receiving a refund.
    Thanks for your consideration! We greatly appreciated it! Let me know if you have any questions.

-Chris, Megan, Emma, and Caleb
    Zombie Caving
    Siblings are like sausages. It’s better not to see them being made.

We found out about the $ to $ just before year end and did some to a couple foster kids' school.
    I was skeptical of the actual getting it back thing until I read more on it.
    Disclaimably quotastic
    I are photographer
    armchaircrisis.com

That time of year again, any help is appreciated

Thanks
    Zombie Caving
    Siblings are like sausages. It’s better not to see them being made.