Thread: garage stuff

Default garage stuff

Im wanting to redo the garage this winter. I know im insulating it, putting in a small AC, adding in new shelving and flooring. Any suggestions on floor? New paint or some sort of garage tile? I was thinking about getting that metal peg board for some of the walls too, but im also wondering if being surrounded by metal will kill my wifi and cell reception? Any other cool garage organizing things I should look at? Going to be moving my office out here permanently too, was gonna go for some sort of industrial mechanical office look
    Zombie Caving
    Siblings are like sausages. Itís better not to see them being made.

The tiles are more costly, but they install in a flash. The painted floors are cheap, but takes time to prep before applying. Cleanup is easier on the painted floors. Desk chairs roll better on painted floors. You can bolt stuff down on a painted floor. If they get scratched, you can touch it up. So, I would go painted floor. My garage floor isn't painted. I had zero time when we moved into the house. Everything got staged into the garage. This will be a project for me down the road.

As for pegboard, you can use regular pegboard and paint it with a Metallic rattle can paint. Does metal hooks actually screw with Wi-Fi? I never noticed. They make plastic hooks. Just don't hang anything too heavy on it.

Foam garage door insulation would be nice. If you have the ability to foam your walls, that would be very nice. A portable AC unit is handy, you can keep it at your "desk" side when you work there, then roll it to the "car" side when you're working on the Jeep.

My next garage project is hanging PVC or copper pipes to drop connections for the compressor. I already installed 20+ new 20A outlets.

Have fun! Seems like a really cool idea.
    2009 4-door JK - 85% daily driver, 15% hunting vehicle, 100% fun!

It's better to be prepared, than scared.
    Mailman by day, Gun Nut by night.
    NRA Certified Instructor - 5 disciplines.

Here is my garage and a friend of mine we just put together. Might give you some ideas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh wow. Nice toys. I'm scared to ask how big is the rest of the house.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    2009 4-door JK - 85% daily driver, 15% hunting vehicle, 100% fun!

It's better to be prepared, than scared.
    Mailman by day, Gun Nut by night.
    NRA Certified Instructor - 5 disciplines.

Man that's sexy

Nice! Whats the blue car in front of the of the jeep?
    Touch the cow. Do it NOW!

It's his son's Subaru BRZ.