Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: King of the Hammers 2016

I think everyone is headed up Wednesday morning or afternoon..

Yeah, I'm leaving the Friday before, Bob is coming up the Saturday before. Daniel & Co. are coming up Wednesday morning, Micheal/Chris/Ivan are coming up Wednesday afternoon.
    The Dusty Gnome / White Collar Publishing
    Follow @thedustygnome on Twitter and at www.thedustygnome.com or White Collar Publishing on FB

General camp information...

All of us are basing out of the HG camp outside of hammertown, correct?

Does anyone have plans for shelter to block the W while cooking/eating? How is everyone planning on cooking their food, or are you not? Everyone hanging out at our camp in the evenings around a fire? Just trying to get a feel for how populated our camp will be

im doing easy to grill stuff like hotdogs and chili etc - maybe some pasta and just heat up the sauce.. Ill be brining my bigger sized camp stove and some eggs for breakfasts
    Zombie Caving
    Siblings are like sausages. Itís better not to see them being made.

Prior to you guys getting there, Bob and I will hold the camp, but most of our meals will be at the LROR camp as we're on the "food list". We'll spend one night out in the desert eating snakes that we caught with our bare hands...

Once everyone gets into town on Wednesday, we'll make that our base camp. Wednesday night I plan to sleep at the HG4x4 camp, but Thursday starts racing and I'm up at the crack of dawn to both deploy the photog troops and capture race morning footage and photos. Friday will be the same with Friday being a really late night.

Honestly, most of the daily action will be at the LROR pit / camp area just due to the nature of that's where the activity will be and my media responsibilities (GoPro's, ESAB, etc...). I plan on the HG4x4 camp as being more of a retreat for me once things settle down each day where I can escape / sleep. Saturday I'm done with photog responsibilities and have no plans other than have fun and dress Mike up. ;-)

- - - Updated - - -

I am also bringing a camp stove, but I can easily bring my gas grill if we want.
    Follow @thedustygnome on Twitter and at www.thedustygnome.com or White Collar Publishing on FB

Dress up Mike. Snicker.

Thanks for all the info posted.
    Disclaimably quotastic
    I are photographer
    armchaircrisis.com

Cool, I'll bring my small camp stove in case we need it, but for the most part I'll plan on using your big grill Alan... I'll have a small cooler in the jeep for during the day...

Mike, maybe on Saturday if you don't mind I'll pull the light bar off the jeep and we could find a cool spot to take some good pictures of my jeep? I can pay you exposure and cookies

Ok. Loaded up and ready to go. I'm finishing off charging everything with a battery and I head out at 9 AM tomorrow morning. For those of you heading out: See you on the Lakebed. For those who couldn't make it this year: Miss you guys. :-)

Oh, I've got the flag and the flag pole. I will claim territory in the name of HigherGround4x4.com!