Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 1983 Jeep Grand Wagoneer restoration project

He was willing to do things in the dark...

I asked him how late he would be up. He said "as late as I need to". The neighborhood was nice and the guy turned out to be a clean-cut 20 something with a couple of his friends. They were duly impressed with Bob. We did the deal and loaded the Grand on my trailer.
    Just saying...
    Last edited by fatbob309; 07-08-2015 at 10:51 AM.
    Touch the cow. Do it NOW!

Quote Originally Posted by fatbob309 View Post
    He was willing to do things in the dark...
    Some things are just worth it.

Totally... and with Bob's background and experience, I knew he wouldn't judge. ;-)

and to your point, Daniel, I'm floored. It is completely unmolested... just dirty and old. Unreal.
    The Dusty Gnome / White Collar Publishing
    Follow @thedustygnome on Twitter and at www.thedustygnome.com or White Collar Publishing on FB

Nice find!
    <><

No plan B.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger except for bears, bears will kill you.

#Ibelieve

Great find Alan. Can't wait to see it on the trail!

You really can't go wrong taking Bob on a road trip.

So Cool....
    James
    '06 LJ Bashmobile

http://jeepmeister.com/JEEP-TECH/1974-specs/LARGE_1974/ Alan this ftp site may be helpful to you.
    <><

No plan B.

#Ibelieve

I picked up a new battery and all the stuff for a tune up last week (filters, fluids, plugs, wires, distributor cap, etc...).

Victory: The rear window rolls up and down perfectly. This was a big issue in many of the ones I looked at, so I was excited that it worked so good. A couple of the windows need the little plastic strap that connects the window to the motor replaced, but all the motors work. Another win.

Since I could drop the back window and open the rear gate, I started clearing out all of the crap. Evidently, I have a spare door. All of the missing door handle pieces were in the back. Once the crap was cleared out, I vacuumed it out. It not a full detail by any means but even just vacuuming it reinforces that it's going to be a great restoration project.

The rear seat is a full tumble forward; all the carpet is there and still no stains; all four original floor mats are there; the 1983 radio works great (but could use an amp, a sub, and new speakers… LOL)

Later this week I'll tackle the tune up and then I’ll tackle the transmission and see if I can get it driving or if a Transmission shop is in my future.

All the crap in the back:

I lifted the rear seat, and except for a small tear (that's easily repairable), it's in great shape too:

I vacuumed out the the carpet. Made a world of difference. I'll detail it after it's mechanically sound and drives.
    Here are the passenger areas:

The rear deck. First is seat in normal position, 2nd is with the seat tumbled all the way forward. It also removes completely.

Also, here is a 1983 review from motorweek. It cracked me up.

https://youtu.be/g0RV2QG3nPk
    The Dusty Gnome / White Collar Publishing
    Follow @thedustygnome on Twitter and at www.thedustygnome.com or White Collar Publishing on FB

Wow. Beautiful find
    Disclaimably quotastic
    I are photographer
    armchaircrisis.com

https://www.rockauto.com/catalog/raframecatalog.php?ck[ID]=0&ck[idlist]=0&ck[viewcurrency]=USD&ck[PHP_SESSION_ID]=4in65g79ic00i9ig6do7pfoen6 this may help you also
    <><

No plan B.

#Ibelieve