Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: 1983 Jeep Grand Wagoneer restoration project

What time you think you'll be rolling in on Saturday, Alan?

Well, I obviously didn't get up there the weekend I planned... but that doesn't mean plans aren't underway.

There is a chance (a good chance at this point), that I'll be picking the Waggy up on my way to KOH and sending it up to Jimmy's 4x4 for completion with Randy Rodd. I need to see how well the sponsor meeting goes this week, but if things go well, then I'm in the green to get the Waggy "Jimmy's 4x4'ed" as a chase / media mobile in exchange for the work I've done in landing a big dollar sponsor for their team.

#fingercrossed

If that falls through, I'll grab the Waggy on the way home from KOH and finish it out here in Arkansas.

I would rather have it "Jimmy's-ed" though. haha.
    The Dusty Gnome / White Collar Publishing
    Follow @thedustygnome on Twitter and at www.thedustygnome.com or White Collar Publishing on FB

That would be freakin awesome.

LS
    Raceline wheels
    Badass paintjob
    Full cage and leather interior
    Winch bumper with winch
    Rear bumper with tire carrier
    On board air
    D60s
    37s
    ARB lockers
    Atlas

I assume that's what they're going to do yes?

Quote Originally Posted by Avis View Post
    That would be freakin awesome.

LS
    Raceline wheels
    Badass paintjob
    Full cage and leather interior
    Winch bumper with winch
    Rear bumper with tire carrier
    On board air
    D60s
    37s
    ARB lockers
    Atlas

I assume that's what they're going to do yes?
    Haha. Um, no. That's too big of a list and I really do want it to be freeway mobile (so no 37's and D60's, etc...). Think more Baja runner and less rock crawler.
    Follow @thedustygnome on Twitter and at www.thedustygnome.com or White Collar Publishing on FB

Quote Originally Posted by alanzona View Post
    Haha. Um, no. That's too big of a list and I really do want it to be freeway mobile (so no 37's and D60's, etc...). Think more Baja runner and less rock crawler.
    lol alright alright... so mid travel IFS up front?

Gettin the trailer prepped this weekend to haul this little gem up to Cortez for some lovin.

THANK YOU, Daniel and Bob, for taking #gnome1 up to Jimmy's 4x4 this past weekend. I'm excited to see something happening here.

Happy to be part of it!
    Touch the cow. Do it NOW!

whats the plan for that shop?
    Zombie Caving
    Siblings are like sausages. Itís better not to see them being made.

Quote Originally Posted by offroadaz View Post
    whats the plan for that shop?
    complete the LS swap (4l60e trans, factory wiring harness, etc...), 2" body lift, 35" Nittos, new fuel tank and fuel pump, and then do something with that mess of a wiring fiasco. At this point, since it's not a candidate for restoration, we may go with a simple buggy style wiring with a switch panel for some core functions. Because of the power windows, however, I don't know. That's what Randy's electrical guy is going to figure out. If he can clean up the factory block back wiring, great... if not, get creative but safe.

My instructions to Randy are that I want it to be a road worth daily driver type resto-mod that will be used as a media mobile for desert races and KOH, but will NOT be a rock crawler.

Whatever else cool stuff Randy wants to do to it (especially since his name is going to be on it now and I plan to write an article about the road trip back - hence the Nitto's so it can be published on Driving Line) is up to Randy and what he can line up with sponsors.

Once I get it back here, I'll figure out what I'm going to do with the interior, etc... overall it's in great shape, but I may modify the door panels and sound system a bit more instead of keeping everything factory original. I do NOT want to cut it up and turn it into another trail rig. My plan is to make it a cool old sleeper that has the character of a 30 year old FSJ but a modern drivetrain.

No axle plans as of yet, but I may switch over from that vacuum system to locking hubs via Yukon. No need for re-gearing at this point. No plans for a cage or any fab work.