Thread: Streetlight's Beautiful Voices Program

Default Streetlight's Beautiful Voices Program

Name:  BV.jpg
Views: 182
Size:  58.1 KB

My wife runs a non-profit, a very not profit called RagCo, which works with things like connecting artists and youth, art therapy programs, sex trafficking victims, underprivileged youth, and even directly with Alhambra High School's campus (pretty unheard of in these times).

It was put into their heart to work with StreetlightUSA this year. Streetlight shelters and works with girls that have been prostituted, trafficked, even abducted and sold into street work.

The partnering of these organizations is to create an art therapy program for the girls in these shelters and hopefully other shelters to come. It covers a year of supplies, studio time, workshops, and artist training.

They are raising money to cover the minimum they need to get this program running for this year. The accrued goal for this project is $20,000. Using this fund raiser they are hoping to 1) Get the word out on this harrowing subject matter, 2) Get as many small backers and large backers as needed to reach the goal, 3) Connect artists to causes in our city.

They have set up a number of giveaways at set donation marks (as low as $15) to generate talk and awareness.

Even sharing this to your friends or church is a great donation in itself. Their video and flyers have been shared in 3 churches already and at a couple downtown events.

The donation website and info: http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/be...es-art-program

RagCo's info: https://www.facebook.com/RagCollection

Their promo video (shot in our house)

In their words:

What is Beautiful Voices Art Program?

Beautiful Voices is an Art Program that The Rag Collection will begin this fall at StreetlightUSA for teen girls rescued out of sex-trafficking in Phoenix, AZ.

The Beautiful Voices Art Program will be a consistent weekly art space where each girl will engage at her own pace with media she wants to use, and with many creative options at her disposal. It is space, tools, materials and curriculum that invites each girl to enter the creative process, to begin to express, play, identify her personal voice, and dream about the future.

Why start an Art Program?

The horrible truth of the effects of abuse is that the voices of these girls have been trampled on in ways that severely hinder growth, identity, and restoration. We believe that the voices of these girls are not only valuable to our community, but also to themselves.

It is our desire to provide room and resources for each girl to rediscover, uncover, and begin to unbury the beauty of her voice. This process takes time, but art is another door to the heart that encourages this process.

Art is a tool that makes the emotions more accessible.

Art calms anxiety, fears, and the mind so that other emotions can be expressed and valued.

Art is fun.

Art creates a safe space for new connections with self and others.

Art is a healing tool that allows self discovery.

Art is a great way to offer these girls choices for how they want to be heard, seen, and what they want for their lives!
    Disclaimably quotastic
    I are photographer
    armchaircrisis.com

Thanks for posting this up Michael, really worthwhile project to help support
    Zombie Caving
    Siblings are like sausages. Itís better not to see them being made.

Agreed. We'll start getting the word out.
    The Dusty Gnome / White Collar Publishing
    Follow @thedustygnome on Twitter and at www.thedustygnome.com or White Collar Publishing on FB

Thumbs up

Thank you for all the info spreading on this.

They have 3 Days Left to accept donations for this drive.
    Disclaimably quotastic
    I are photographer
    armchaircrisis.com

2k to go!
    Zombie Caving
    Siblings are like sausages. Itís better not to see them being made.

Thumbs up

Thank you to everyone to shared and donated to this project.

Noel's words:
    Its hard to put into words how incredibly WOWed I am by this experience.... My faith has grown alot through this month, though I am so weak and many times just hoped for half.
    Thank you to EVERYONE who spoke life, who energized and encouraged us, who spread the word about this exciting new program, and who gave what you could from your heart! We SO need your voices and we are abundantly blessed to have you on our side! Thanks
    Disclaimably quotastic
    I are photographer
    armchaircrisis.com

The goal was $20K, the funding period ended with $21,297. Awesome how God works, huh.
    The Dusty Gnome / White Collar Publishing
    Follow @thedustygnome on Twitter and at www.thedustygnome.com or White Collar Publishing on FB

You aught to sell 4511 support stickers id buy a couple
    Opend Pyatte Draw 2001,hosted BFG Challange 2006 Pyatte Draw,Sunflower mine 2000,Turtle Creek,Stairstep,Lizzurd Creek,Roberts Mesa,Webber Creek 2007 "Bad Idea" 2013,Black Friday 2013,founder HCR