Thread: Crossing a River or looking for fish? REALTIME FLOW DATA

Default Crossing a River or looking for fish? REALTIME FLOW DATA

Just a good site to have bookmarked.
    Great for figuring out the ever changing Verde River conditions for fishing purposes, rafting, or to find out if crossing is an option.

Site lists the realtime data collected at various gauging stations, letting you know river height, and flow per second

http://waterdata.usgs.gov/az/nwis/current/?type=flow

We've tubed the Verde from Horshoe Dam to Indian Springs twice. Once the trip was outstanding even offering a few scary rapid areas, the other had its butt dragging moments. This page is helpful to figure out the conditions ahead of time.
    Another good example would be the crossing below Bartlett Dam coming from the FR98. Not everyone likes to always be the designated depth finder :wink:

one quick ? how deep did it get at the end in the last picture
    The jeep is for the winter....... The skis are for the summer!

About 4 inches of his windshield became goggles.
    Disclaimably quotastic
    I are photographer
    armchaircrisis.com

Looks like some people on the VJC could've made the waterflow data useful this past week. What's that 4 washed out vehicles now? I read Syc rose 3ft in one hour!
    Disclaimably quotastic
    I are photographer
    armchaircrisis.com

Im thinking about going around the back side of Lake Pleasant this Saturday to do some fishing. Has any one taken Table mesa rd. to the Agua Fria? I've never been that way, so i'm wondering if it's accessible. Also looks like i'm going alone since everyone I know can't go because they have to ask permission to do anything. Pathetic! Why be married if it's a prison?

Based upon previous knowledge, there is a gate at the end of Table Mesa Rd to allow you to drop into the river, and there is a gate on the Pleasant side at Humbug Cove.

That being said, I have run it from Pleasant to TM. I dropped into Humbug Creek before the cove and when I got to the TM side, the gate was unlocked and open. I have heard of people not being able to run it TM to P and that it is possibly off limits. There are signs that describe the River access closure during the Bald Eagle nesting months. My trip was outside that time period.

Described trip report/photos: http://www.higherground4x4.com/forum...a-solo-1-17-09

Related trip featuring Humbug Creek drop in: http://www.higherground4x4.com/forum...t-Tule-1-24-09

Also on your side note:
    Find a prison warden that wants to go with you. My Xterra's been called The Conjugal Trailer on more than a few occasions by club members' sisters*.
    *no, no it hasn't but you could imagine if it did though right?
    Last edited by Skatchkins; 09-13-2012 at 09:51 AM.
    Disclaimably quotastic
    I are photographer
    armchaircrisis.com

Quote Originally Posted by Skatchkins View Post

[I]Find a prison warden that wants to go with you. My Xterra's been called The Conjugal Trailer on more than a few occasions by club members' sisters

Ha ha! Hey wait a min.... I have a sister
    Touch the cow. Do it NOW!