Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Gun Photo of the Day (and then Jimmy has to guess what it is)

You are awesome Jimmster

X500!
    The Dusty Gnome / White Collar Publishing
    Follow @thedustygnome on Twitter and at www.thedustygnome.com or White Collar Publishing on FB

Man, for a good 15 minutes, you stumped the hell out of me. That shogun is very unique. I've never seen anything like it, which tells me that it's a toy. Airsoft. Google confirmed it.

Because it's airsoft, I can't determine the rest of the equipment, as I don't know much about airsoft stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Skatchkins View Post
    You are awesome Jimmster

Attachment 4926
    2009 4-door JK - 85% daily driver, 15% hunting vehicle, 100% fun!

It's better to be prepared, than scared.
    Mailman by day, Gun Nut by night.
    NRA Certified Instructor - 5 disciplines.

That's a Fa Mas F1 assault rifle, used by the french military and the foreign legions.

The forward grip is made by Mako and can attach any traditional flashlight. There is also a side mounted Insight M2 LED weaponlight. Not sure why the redundancy, but maybe it's a M6X with a laser/light combo.

Unknown: Scope and rings.

Quote Originally Posted by offroadaz View Post

shooting

You win again. Scary good

Name:  pew_pew.jpg
Views: 257
Size:  91.9 KB
    Disclaimably quotastic
    I are photographer
    armchaircrisis.com

Im all torqued now... I
    I do love that gun.
    Touch the cow. Do it NOW!

That's an easy one. Tony Rumore of Tromix built that beauty! The gun, not the girl.

That's a Tromix S-17 SBS shotgun built by modifying a Saiga 12 and adding the following:

Tromix Designed Stock and the adaptor is welded into the receiver.
    Galil charging handle welded on the bolt for quicker function
    HK front and rear sights, beautifully blended into the rear receiver cover and front gas block.
    The trigger guard is replaced by an HK-Style metal guard and is tig welded in place.
    A 249 SAW grip is installed
    Tri-rail
    12 round extended magazine
    Insight M3 weaponlight

Unknown: Forward grip

What's odd is, Tromix makes a fine muzzle break. Not sure why this rifle has a different one installed. Could be an earlier version of Tromix's. So, it's an unknown.

You win again. Scary good

Name:  pew_pew.jpg
Views: 257
Size:  91.9 KB
    Last edited by 2ndchance; 06-04-2013 at 11:40 PM.

shooting

Name:  jimmyjimmy.jpg
Views: 365
Size:  128.1 KB
    Disclaimably quotastic
    I are photographer
    armchaircrisis.com

This one hits close to home. I was going to build one of these, but decided that having all that weight on the barrel would make the rifle feel very heavy. Granted, it's a cool way to pack 50 rounds! It still me be a future buy.

This is a AR57 upper made by a company called "AR Five Seven". PW Arms also makes one but I'm pretty sure this is an original AR Five Seven upper. It utilized the 5.7x28mm cartridge that is usually used in the FN P90 and the FN Five-SeveN semi auto pistol. The best features of this upper/ammo combination is that it utilizes FN P90 50 round magazines and the recoil is pretty light. It pushes a 31gr bullet out past 2,350fps. It was originally designed to replace the 9mm to increase capacity, increase accuracy, reduce over penetration, and reduce recoil.

The upper is pretty much factory stock, including the flash hider and sports a 12" barrel. This out is outfitted with Magpul MBUS sights, an Aimpoint T-1 dot scope on a quick release riser mount (Probably American Defense or Daniel Defense). The stock is a Magpul UBR, grip is a Magpul MIAD, and the flashlight is an older Surefire M900 (Pre-LED).

Most people may ask, "If it uses a P90 magazine and it sits on top of the barrel, why is there a AR-15 magazine inserted in the lower"? The reason is this: The AR57 upper is designed to bottom eject, through the AR magazine well. Most (like this one) will take a 30rnd Pmag, cut the top feed lips off the magazine, remove the follower and spring, and use the magazine as a shell catcher. Pretty smart! BTW: Those black stickers on the magazine is grip tape, sold by Magpul.

The charging handle is non-reciprocating which allows all the gas to either exit the barrel or go down the magazine well. This makes it an AWESOME platform for running a suppressor and for a southpaw shooter like me.

With all it's benefits, the AR57 upper does have some limitations.

1. You NEED to use factory FN P90 mags. Luckily, they are only about $30-40 bucks. Aftermarket mags have proven to have feed issues.
    2. You have a LOT of extra weight on the barrel, which makes the rifle feel heavier.
    3. The $800 price tag is a BIG pill to swallow.

Still, if I can sell my AK and one of my ARs , it will be on my "To Buy List", along with the Saiga 12 that was pictured earlier.

Name:  jimmyjimmy.jpg
Views: 365
Size:  128.1 KB

Wonder if there is a 22lr conversion or pistol calibre version of that? seems like 9mm or 22 up top wouldnt be too heavy
    Zombie Caving
    Siblings are like sausages. Itís better not to see them being made.

Cool, Jims.
    Build it!

Name:  Sea_Biscuit.jpg
Views: 586
Size:  21.2 KB
    Disclaimably quotastic
    I are photographer
    armchaircrisis.com