Thread: This is URGENT Land Use, will lose Table Mesa, Boulders down to Buckeye!!!

Exclamation This is URGENT Land Use, will lose Table Mesa, Boulders down to Buckeye!!!

Sonoran Desert Heritage Proposed Wilderness Plan: THIS IS ALREADY IN WASHINGTON!!! OHV community this is a very dangerous plan, this will set a precedence allowing groups who are anti-OHV to propose future bills to take areas that currently do not meet Wilderness Characteristics, and design them to be reclaimed and restored to Wilderness Characteristics. This would allow them to attack any area we have already gone through the process of doing travel management planning, worked for years on and set up sustainable trail networks and basically shut them down. The area included in this plan starts up at Table Mesa Road, head West, then down South past the White Tanks and then back East. This area would close all of our trails within the area.

Go go www.azohvc.org for maps and more details. Please don't wait, your legislators need to hear from you now and don't to support the AZOHVC efforts to keep the lobbyist/lawyer we are going to need him to win this!!!

You can donate at azohvc@yahoo.com . You can put in the notes that the funds are for the lobbyist/Lawyer and those funds can only be used for that purpose.
    Last edited by Skatchkins; 05-28-2013 at 01:03 PM.

I should have put this in the first post, if you have sent a letter or when you do, please copy or forward a copy to gursh1spud@aol.com , this is required so we can prove the submissions, often we are told no one comments, by Jeff having a copy we can prove that comments were turned in.

Keep them coming, we really need the support, reach out to friends and relatives in other states, this is in Washington so we need all the help nationally we can get.

Please cc gursh1spud@aol.com

Bump

We don't have very many letters or input, please keep in mind this will effect Table Mesa, the Boulders all the way south covering the White Tanks and into Buckeye. Lots of area and trails will be lost.

Thumbs up

It takes a little work to navigate the state website and the contact button does not allow CC's

I emailed Ed Pastor for my district as reported by http://www.house.gov/representatives/find/

Please oppose the Sonoran Desert Heritage Proposed Wilderness Plan as the way I understand it, it allows already established Off-Highway-Vehicle recreation areas that currently do not meet Wilderness Characteristics to be redesigned and thus reclaimed and restored to Wilderness Characteristics.

Thank you,
    Michael D'Avy
    Last edited by Skatchkins; 05-29-2013 at 05:42 PM.
    Disclaimably quotastic
    I are photographer
    armchaircrisis.com

Mike dont you know a State Senator?
    Zombie Caving
    Siblings are like sausages. Itís better not to see them being made.

Quote Originally Posted by Skatchkins View Post
    It takes a little work to navigate the state website and the contact button does not allow CC's

I emailed Ed Pastor for my district as reported by http://www.house.gov/representatives/find/
    Thanks for posting your verbiage, I just sent similar to my congressman.