Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dove

Default Dove

I will be doing a bunch of Dove hunts this sept. It will be out in FJ if any of you want to go. Opening weekend I will be in Moab. No shotgun? Not a problem. I think I have an extra pink one you can use I do have an extra gun if you want to go and need a gun.
    Make sure you have your $5 bird tag.
    Touch the cow. Do it NOW!

I might be down have not done it in years. I shoot them you can have them. Not much of a bird eater besides chicken and turkey. I have a single shot gun ill bring but if you got one to loan out ill do that either way. Just give me a week heads up. Ok.
    .,=======o00o
    //___l__|_,\___\,___
    l_---\__|___l---[]lllllll[]
    _(o)_)_____(o)_)--o-)_)__

RIP MOM I LOVE YOU 1/16/1950 - 5/30/08

Quote Originally Posted by Showboat View Post
    I might be down have not done it in years. I shoot them you can have them. Not much of a bird eater besides chicken and turkey. I have a single shot gun ill bring but if you got one to loan out ill do that either way. Just give me a week heads up. Ok.
    Rock slapper / Showboat with a gun? God help us all...
    The Dusty Gnome / White Collar Publishing
    Follow @thedustygnome on Twitter and at www.thedustygnome.com or White Collar Publishing on FB

I will be out there Sept 8th. That enough time?

Quote Originally Posted by fatbob309 View Post
    I will be out there Sept 8th. That enough time?
    Dove season for the first flight only lasts 2 weeks. Unless they changed it for some reason this year. I'm taking the first week off in September for this as I always do. If you go out on the 8th you will be ok, that will give you a full week to hunt. If you are new to this and if you go out with someone who has a great spot you will have one of the best times of your life. Dove is good eating too. I like to barbecue them and eat them right off the grill. Also, I will save some for thanksgiving ang make Dove Stuffing. You can find recipes for it on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by miles.mc View Post
    Dove season for the first flight only lasts 2 weeks. Unless they changed it for some reason this year. I'm taking the first week off in September for this as I always do. If you go out on the 8th you will be ok, that will give you a full week to hunt. If you are new to this and if you go out with someone who has a great spot you will have one of the best times of your life.
    Yep been out a few times. Have a good spot.

Ok its marked Sept 8th. What shells does your gun take. You got an extra Vest?
    .,=======o00o
    //___l__|_,\___\,___
    l_---\__|___l---[]lllllll[]
    _(o)_)_____(o)_)--o-)_)__

RIP MOM I LOVE YOU 1/16/1950 - 5/30/08

I've got a .30-06 that I'll bring. I've never eaten dove, but I imagine it's similar to hummingbird.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Miles

Ok its marked Sept 8th. What shells does your gun take. You got an extra Vest?

I dont have a vest. I will need to look and see if the new gun takes upto 3" shells or not.