Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tough Mudder 2012 Photos - The Mohawk & Beard Chronicles

Its been a few days since the race and I wanted to review it not that Im not in pain.
    This was Tough Mudders first year in AZ and overall they did a great job. This was the toughest thing I have ever done in my life. It took us 5 hours when the goal in my head was under 4 and I believe we could have done that if I had not smashed my leg.
    This is absolutely a team challenge. It’s fun because you have someone next to you cheering you name and pushing you to finish. I also loved being able to help people up and over or cheer them along. The more people the better.
    The challenges: They tell you before you start that they will find your weakness and make you face it. That is no joke. I think the hardest thing for me was the Boa constrictor. I do not do well in a small dark space that is filled with mud and water. The other one that surprised me was walk the plank. It wasn’t the 15’ drop into the 12’ deep pool of muddy water that got me. It was when I started to swim to the surface and couldn’t see the light. The water is cold and dark and the feeling that I should have been at the surface overwhelmed me. That’s when panic sets in. I have never been so glad as when I took that first breath.
    Aid/Water: They had 4 stations over the 12.5 miles. Each had water and a great staff that were ready for you. The first aid was not the best, only in the fact that if they helped you, you were done with the race.
    The prize: An orange head band and an under armor shirt. Cool? Yeah! Do I wish there was a metal to go with it? Yeah…
    The down side: Parking was $10 (not too bad) To have someone watch you race was $20 if you got it ahead of time or $40 at the door. That screams corp greed.
    They ran out of the runner blankets at the end of the race. Im sorry but this still make me mad. You know how many people will be there. You should be able to have enough blankets to pass out to warm people up. My hands were purple at the end of the race.
    The big question is will I sign up again next year… The answer is Heck Yes!
    Touch the cow. Do it NOW!

Good write up Bob!
    I have to agree with you on that walk the plank... height wasn't that bad but the dark cold water freaked me out as well.
    Shake & Bake: that's where any & all mud that could fit into my shoes got into my shoes from that point on I started to go down hill feet were hurting and there's no where to wash them out, walk the plank would of been a nice chance to, but that whole panic & wanting to get out & away from the water over took any reasoning I had.
    Heather joined us for the Urban race & had a great time and after seeing Tough Mudder she now wants in too!!
    It looks like there's going to be a Tough Mudder in Vegas on October 6 & 7, I've pre-registered for this, anyone else want in?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

21. Dirty Holes

22. Didn't exist

23. Berlin Walls #3
    I kept losing Bob and Paul amongst the other redheads

24. Electric Eel

Awesome

25. Turd's Nest

26. Cliff Hanger
    More teamwork goodness

Oh hey look there's Bob!

Paul coming down
    Last edited by Skatchkins; 01-19-2012 at 11:19 PM.
    Disclaimably quotastic
    I are photographer
    armchaircrisis.com

I still don't see Bob... (and that one redhead looked kinda manish to me... better check her chick card with that mohawk and all)
    The Dusty Gnome / White Collar Publishing
    Follow @thedustygnome on Twitter and at www.thedustygnome.com or White Collar Publishing on FB

Love me a dirty girl!

27. Everest

Go Paul Go!

Success

More red

28. Funky Monkey

Splash

29. Electroshock Therapy
    Paul gets struck for the first time

Loud noises!
    Name:  owwwwwww.jpg
Views: 959
Size:  15.6 KB

Wow, He must work out

More current victims
    Last edited by Skatchkins; 01-21-2012 at 10:15 PM.
    Disclaimably quotastic
    I are photographer
    armchaircrisis.com

Manstache

These two would like to offer a round of cranberry juice to all those not there with them

While they drink their finish line beer

Red sibs
    Disclaimably quotastic
    I are photographer
    armchaircrisis.com

Thank you Mike for taking our pics! This was a great gift to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Skatchkins View Post

Wow, He must work out
    I'm sexy and YOU know it :D

Loud noise was quite colorful adjectives, I proved the point several times, ice water, deep cold water & 10,000 volts WILL make bad words come outta ones mouth!
    Mike THANK YOU!! these pictures are priceless & very meaningful!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]