Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: AZ Forest Closures 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Avis View Post
    Seeing as how this isn't VJC...
    There is so much WIN in this statement.
    The Dusty Gnome / White Collar Publishing
    Follow @thedustygnome on Twitter and at www.thedustygnome.com or White Collar Publishing on FB

Quote Originally Posted by fatbob309 View Post
    Love ya bill. Avis you did come off as a egoistic prick in your post.
    Fair enough. lol

Quote Originally Posted by fatbob309 View Post
    Love ya bill. Avis you did come off as a egoistic prick in your post.
    Yea Bob, I have always liked you too. Your always welcome bud. Not so sure any more with you selling all your rigs.
    Bill W

K7ANT
    God Bless the Sheep Dogs of America!
    97 Jeep TJ with a few mods. 106" WB Ford HP 44/D44,Locked and 37" MTRs

Wow.........

I bet 0% of the "idiots" in question are on this board....... Its the old 1 bad apple to cliche.......

This board is one of the few boards that makes it a point to actually respect the high country as well as all lands available to us.

The governement officials, the forest service in this case, makes decisions based on the "potential" risk to ALL that may be enjoying the forest....... if they lock out 100% of the public they stand a better chance of keeping the 1 or 2 idiots from F'ing up OUR forest to enjoy at at later date when it is safe to do so.....

I just got back from an awesome trip to the Cracks and YES we did alot, and I mean ALOT of "preventative maintenance" to the trails to make sure a hot exhaust or anything else did not start the next big mess up there........ Stay tuned for a trip report.
    Sy
    85 Syota, 6.0/700r4/203/300/60's/Detroits/37 MTRk's/§XX§
    02 Symmins tow beast..... a few goodies
    High Country Renegades

Quote Originally Posted by Symon623 View Post
    I just got back from an awesome trip to the Cracks and YES we did alot, and I mean ALOT of "preventative maintenance" to the trails to make sure a hot exhaust or anything else did not start the next big mess up there........ Stay tuned for a trip report.
    Yeah! Glad you guys had a good time. Sorry I couldn't make it.
    The Dusty Gnome / White Collar Publishing
    Follow @thedustygnome on Twitter and at www.thedustygnome.com or White Collar Publishing on FB

Coronado's closed now too

Tucson, AZ (June 6, 2011) – Due to extreme fire danger and concern for public safety, the Coronado National Forest will be closed to all public use beginning at noon on Thursday, June 9 (36 CFR 261.52[e]).

The temporary closure applies to all Ranger Districts of the Coronado National Forest, and includes Visitor Centers, campgrounds, picnic areas, trails, summer cabins, organization camps and all other public uses. District Rangers may authorize use for specifically permitted activities through Special-Use Permits. Violation of the closure is punishable by a fine of not more than $5,000, or imprisonment for not more than six months, or both.

On the Santa Catalina Ranger District, the Catalina Highway (Mt. Lemmon Highway) will remain open during daylight hours so visitors may access Summerhaven atop Mt. Lemmon. Vehicles may not stop along the highway, and must use it strictly to access Summerhaven. The road will be closed at night.

This closure will be lifted when significant moisture is received to reduce the wildfire threat to manageable levels.
    Disclaimably quotastic
    I are photographer
    armchaircrisis.com