Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SunFlower Mine Trail 4-29-11

Default SunFlower Mine Trail 4-29-11

Again, thanks for coming out guys! here a couple pictures, more soon.

Well, Our day started off at the Chevron at Fort Mcdowel at 7am, made our way to the trail and headed up! Two ZJs, two TJs, and two Ford F250s. Didn't take long for the Fords to realize they were on the wrong trail...just to big so they turned around while they still could and made their way back. The rest of us continued on our way. Other then a little body damage to my jeep and Alan running out of gas, nothing else horrible happened that I know of! Weather was beautiful, company couldn't have been better and the jeeps were running good. Enjoy the pictures I believe Mike will be adding more in the next couple days as well. I need some action shots of the Grand

Last edited by Avis; 05-29-2011 at 06:20 PM.

Had a fun day. That trail is alot harder than i thought it was. Saw some carnage on Chelvis' rig!
    Trust in God and all will work out!

Coming down into the first part of the creek... beautiful area.

Bill making his way through the creek

Waitin for everyone.

Tougher part of the trail, unless of course you have Alans jeep..

This is where the Fords turn around, they got scared and rightly so... very good idea.

Bill showing off

Calendar shot! haha

Alan being sexy

Still being sexy..

Stopped to look at a mine shaft

Rock snuck up on me.. :/ such is life lol

I swear, came out of no where.

Airing up, oh and this is what Alans' jeep looks like when it's outta gas

Great pics Daniel. Thans for posting them. Looking forward to seeing mikes pics
    Trust in God and all will work out!

That trail is my nemesis. It took out my front diff, drivers side axle, t-case and rear diff on my 2005 Xterra. Not a fun day for me. Looks like y'all had fun. Great pics.
    <><

No plan B.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger except for bears, bears will kill you.

#Ibelieve

You know, my take away from this trip is that is doesn't matter what size jeep you have, how much you can break, what club you are in, or what obsacles you can or cannot make... it's really about having a great time with great friends. We saw buggies on trailers, chromed out mall crawlers, folks from the VJC, folks who have built jeeps and folks who would look at us longingly from their passenger cars as we went by them in a rattling blaze of dusty glory and sweat... and it was all good. Thanks again for setting up this trip, Daniel... it was just what I needed: time outside with good friends, killing the day in the lesser traveled and lesser known part of the AZ

Here are some of my pics from the day. Mostly looked at the butt of Russ's rig, but the rest of the view was magnificent! LOL It was a scenic trail with enough creeks and rock gardens to keep it challenging and interestng.

Video to come later as it processes.

The Dusty Gnome / White Collar Publishing
    Follow @thedustygnome on Twitter and at www.thedustygnome.com or White Collar Publishing on FB

Quck shot of Russ's carnage. Bob and were praying him home. Thanks for answering "affirmative", Lord.

There were three fellas out running beind us. Nice guy named "Dave" and a couple of his friends. I carded Dave, so I hope he finds his way here and posts up pics of his day too.

Last edited by alanzona; 05-30-2011 at 08:53 PM.
    Follow @thedustygnome on Twitter and at www.thedustygnome.com or White Collar Publishing on FB

mmmmm magic flags...

You also had to watch out for bears that would rummage through your pick-in-nick basket, BooBoo

We also had a game of "this way or that way" between Mike and Daniel... um, Mike got to ride in the front seat coming back from Daniel's Dead End (which turned out to be a good place for poser pics...)

This cave ate Mike...

We fed the homeless guys and they followed us home..

We tried to syphon gas out of Bob's rig since mine ran out when we got back to airdown. I never want to do that again, but thank you for the effort and the ride, Bob. I had a great time everyone.