Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Driving Arrangements

I've got Bob's back on this one... shut it.
    The Dusty Gnome / White Collar Publishing
    Follow @thedustygnome on Twitter and at www.thedustygnome.com or White Collar Publishing on FB

Quote Originally Posted by alanzona View Post
    I've got Bob's back on this one... shut it.
    How IS your back?
    Disclaimably quotastic
    I are photographer
    armchaircrisis.com

Shut it HEED!
    Follow @thedustygnome on Twitter and at www.thedustygnome.com or White Collar Publishing on FB

Vehicle Question: for those of us towing, but planning on driving the Jeep the whole time we are up there, is it going to be possible to leave the tow rig for the day and come back to it, is there a central tow rig resting ground where things will be safe, or does towing your rig defeat the purpose of driving your Jeep all over beautiful CO because you'll actually be in your tow rig all day moving to the next camp?

Vehicle Question: for those of us towing, but planning on driving the Jeep the whole time we are up there, is it going to be possible to leave the tow rig for the day and come back to it, is there a central tow rig resting ground where things will be safe, or does towing your rig defeat the purpose of driving your Jeep all over beautiful CO because you'll actually be in your tow rig all day moving to the next camp?
    We can ask Sy to weigh in on this one. I'd propose you take a look at the KML file with all the areas listed along with camp sites. Off hand, I'd say maybe the campsite along S. Mineral Creek would be well suited for parking it for the duration of the trip? It's not like Moab where we'll end up in the same spot each time
    Last edited by Skatchkins; 04-15-2011 at 10:40 AM.
    Disclaimably quotastic
    I are photographer
    armchaircrisis.com

Good question. We're looking to find a site that we can leave the motorhome and trailer. When we find one we'll let you know, maybe we can share a site or something. Hopefully Sy has a recommendation for a place to use as basecamp and get back to to re-up on supplies from the motorhome every couple days.

How are you guys going to make your gear organized. I figure Rubbermaid containers would work well. The more organized it is, the easier/faster it will be to load back up and save space. Like one for food, one for food, camp gear, hiking, cooking, etc. Would keep everything from getting crushed or lost underneath everything else.

Alan are these the gas/water/storage things you were talking about: http://www.rotopax.com/home.php

I'll use my rack for Bob's sleeping bag
    Last edited by Skatchkins; 06-05-2011 at 09:16 PM.
    Disclaimably quotastic
    I are photographer
    armchaircrisis.com

Xtrerra Tetris

Tailgate table would be nice on a Wrangler swing door

Bunch of other good ideas over on Expedition Portal

Wonder if I could secures some used pelican cases from my A/V rental customer
    Last edited by Skatchkins; 06-05-2011 at 09:23 PM.
    Disclaimably quotastic
    I are photographer
    armchaircrisis.com

Quote Originally Posted by Skatchkins View Post
    Alan are these the gas/water/storage things you were talking about: http://www.rotopax.com/home.php
    No, I was looking to do something like this with traditional Jerry Cans and a baja mount... but in pricing it all out, it's cheaper to just get a 20 gal fuel cell. LOL

Lots of good totes out there but much money if you get more than one. Like Rubbermaid's Action Packer.
    Cheapest sturdy ones I found are the commercial distribution type. Not waterproof.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_290167-51438...ote&facetInfo=

I prefer the ones you can sit on or use as a table:
    http://www.homedepot.com/Storage-Org...atalogId=10053
    Last edited by Skatchkins; 06-05-2011 at 10:21 PM.
    Disclaimably quotastic
    I are photographer
    armchaircrisis.com