Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: HG4X4 July 2011 - General Discussion

COHG HG4X4 July 2011 - General Discussion

Name:  HG4x4_7-10.png
Views: 731
Size:  17.6 KB

Dates: July 16-23, 2011

Trip Description: Moderate offroad/scenic hiking 50/50 spit with camping, exploring in between. Side trip options available.

Mileage Round trip: 1058mi + local trails

Average Temperatures
    Town 75/55
    Trails subtract up to 20

Gear List
    4x4 or seat within
    Sleeping Bag
    Hiking shoes
    Camera
    Ability to lose yourself
    And then possibly a $3 CO S&R card
    Fishing License? http://wildlife.state.co.us/fishing/
    A love for maps
    Food and dry food
    Pack
    Tent

Updated Participants:
    Bob
    Skatchkins
    Yellowsub
    Silversides
    Spshl J
    Avis
    Sweathog
    Sweathog b-i-l Lenny
    Alanzona
    Offroadaz
    .....Your mom

Interest Expressed:

*Full trip itinerary in progress*

Last edited by Skatchkins; 06-22-2011 at 09:13 AM. Reason: im going you monkey

Oh! Most outstanding sir! tasty as a trip sticker. LOVE IT.

do we have official dates yet?
    The Dusty Gnome / White Collar Publishing
    Follow @thedustygnome on Twitter and at www.thedustygnome.com or White Collar Publishing on FB

Exclamation

Dates have been updated and finalized. Requested week moved back for SpshJ approved.
    Disclaimably quotastic
    I are photographer
    armchaircrisis.com

50/50 split with camping.... meaning motels the other times or what?

50 offroad / 50 hiking & exploring

Count on camping almost all of the time. We'll iron out details for you later.
    Disclaimably quotastic
    I are photographer
    armchaircrisis.com

Cool, don't mean to pound you with questions just curious and trying to figure out if we can afford it.

Figure on gas and don't think to hard about food since you'd eat even if you stayed home.
    For me the biggest hit is that I am hourly pay with no vacation days. So I am saving to cover that week first.

Example Hike: A two night at Ice Lake Basin: http://www.aroundcolorado.com/trip_r...ake/index.html

Example Offroad: Up Black Bear Pass into Telluride coming down and most likely camping on Imogene Pass
    Disclaimably quotastic
    I are photographer
    armchaircrisis.com

Add me+1 to the interested list? I gotta check with my bro and have a couple other things to figure out.

So, does this mean I can carry it if it's NOT concealed? I would imagine so but it's rather confusing...

"What are Colorado's laws concerning firearms?

Colorado allows a person to carry a firearm in a vehicle, loaded or unloaded, if its use is for lawful protection of such person or another's person or property. [C.R.S. 18-12-105(2)] Colorado law also allows a person to possess a handgun in a dwelling, place of business, or automobile. However, you cannot carry the weapon concealed on or about your person while transporting it into your home, business, hotel room, etc. Local jurisdictions may not enact laws that restrict a person's ability to travel with a weapon. [C.R.S. 18-12-105.6] The Act permits the nationwide carrying of concealed handguns by qualified current and retired law enforcement officers and amends the Gun Control Act of 1968 (Pub. L. 90-618, 82 Stat. 1213) to exempt qualified current and retired law enforcement officers from state and local laws prohibiting the carry of concealed firearms."

http://csp.state.co.us/faq_Guns.html

Daniel - are you taking your truck or some sort of (girlfriend's) Jeep Product? If (and I'm fairly certain I'm going, just need to get the official OK) I end up going, I'm going to have to work out some sort of trailered option with the new heap. I would be paying gas if I drove it anyway, so the offer would be to pay the gas if someone can hook up a trailer and tow my butt up there. LOL
    The Dusty Gnome / White Collar Publishing
    Follow @thedustygnome on Twitter and at www.thedustygnome.com or White Collar Publishing on FB