Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buckle up! - pic and video reminder

Exclamation Buckle up! - pic and video reminder

Name:  2010organixenewe1.jpg
Views: 273
Size:  92.0 KB

Mistakes happen on the trail. Dont bet your life on a stock cage holding up

This video isnt gory but I think his wife was the one filming so you can hear her emotion with it.

Last edited by offroadaz; 04-17-2010 at 01:39 PM.
    Zombie Caving
    Siblings are like sausages. Itís better not to see them being made.

Adding the seatbelt pic as a reminder to buckle up

Zombie Caving

How did all those people let him drop in uneven like that? Must've been crazy narrow up there?

I don't like wearing my seatbelt. I've tried to adop the, "I don't have $8000+ in my bank acct to cover my funeral should I die in a wreck because I was unbuckled, and that would be a punk move to make my family members have to take out a loan to pay it," so I try to buckle it.
    Disclaimably quotastic
    I are photographer
    armchaircrisis.com

I always buckle up if I feel the need. If I"m doing 15 mph through a wash, I probably won't have it on. If I'm playing around on hills such as that one, I'll have it on.

Quote Originally Posted by Avis View Post
    I always buckle up if I feel the need. If I"m doing 15 mph through a wash, I probably won't have it on. If I'm playing around on hills such as that one, I'll have it on.
    there was a guy who died just a few years ago going under 20 on the dirt, tried to turn to sharp, rolled his rig, came out of it and it crushed him :-/
    Zombie Caving

That does suck, but I do have doors and a seat belt slitting my throat while bouncing on the wash is no fun either haha

You know, I'm sorry, but the guy in the video and all his friends watchin are a bunch of idiots. It was obvious from the beginnig that this isn't really a trail, he wasn't lined up for it (reiterating my first point because he probably couldn't get lined up), and he took it at breakneck speed (not low, slow, creep down carefully. More like taking a plunge), so I say the guy was an effing (yes, I said it) idiot and so were his friends who let him try it. Including his hysterical wife. That is all, d
    George & Diane
    www.OffroadPassport.com

'00 TJ 2.5L LowOutput w/5 spd.
    4" Teraflex Longarm w/ 33" MT's
    4:88 Gears / Super 35 Rear
    Dana 30 Front w/ Warn Hubs
    TeraLow 4:1 T-Case
    OX Lockers

Every Dog Has His Day!

I will be the first to tell you I hate seatbelts... no good reason, just hate 'em. I rarely wear them in my car. The best thing in the world for me was getting the new jeep with the 5 point harness system because I WILL wear that (hard to sit on the buckles) and I tried to establish a new habit in that vehicle. Kevin died a couple years ago on the dirt road coming back from the trail so I try to keep it on (and not just the lap belt). For that reason (the shoulder harnesses), I switched to a 3" harness instead of the 2" harness which was uncomfortable.
    Last edited by alanzona; 05-16-2011 at 07:34 AM.
    The Dusty Gnome / White Collar Publishing
    Follow @thedustygnome on Twitter and at www.thedustygnome.com or White Collar Publishing on FB

I too hate seat belts not offroad belts but dot seatbelts there uncomfortable and they stop you for reaching for anything and i to hardly wore them,but Kevin was a good friend and we wheeled alot of places together and i never got to say goodbye to him so i honor him by even wearing dot belts....fact is its more dangerous on the highways than offroads as the people on highways don't know what there doing just ask anyone....
    Opend Pyatte Draw 2001,hosted BFG Challange 2006 Pyatte Draw,Sunflower mine 2000,Turtle Creek,Stairstep,Lizzurd Creek,Roberts Mesa,Webber Creek 2007 "Bad Idea" 2013,Black Friday 2013,founder HCR

So... they seem to be "okay?" but this is rough

Disclaimably quotastic
    I are photographer
    armchaircrisis.com