Thread: Desoto Mine

Default Desoto Mine

Hey all! New to the board but been reading through most of the old posts on mines for a while. Just did the Chuichu area mines today and had a blast. Lots of really cool stuff to explore.

I read the blog on Desoto mine but when I put the GPS coords in GE it didn't look right. I was guessing the trail to get in was a bit more than a quick dirt road off Hwy 60. Does someone have accurate coordinates for the trail and the mine? Thanks much.

Cas

Chuichu's pretty cool. Offroadaz and I've been out there a few times. Even rappeled off a bumper into a few mines.

Check out Charles Wells' book for more specific intructions for Desoto. Great mine to explore. Goes in forever
    Disclaimably quotastic
    I are photographer
    armchaircrisis.com

I just did a quick online search of other offroad forums and it seems that it's a road out of Cleator heading to Senator Highway in the Bradshaws.
    Since you guys seem to have explored a good number of mines in the state, which one's have you encountered rattlesnakes in? I photograph rattlesnakes as a hobby so that's why I am always looking for good mines that might have snakes in them.

Cas

Quote Originally Posted by Cascavel View Post
    that's why I am always looking for good mines that might have snakes in them.

Cas
    You know... if I was looking for a good start to a nightmare, this is where I would start.

You're crazy!
    The Dusty Gnome / White Collar Publishing
    Follow @thedustygnome on Twitter and at www.thedustygnome.com or White Collar Publishing on FB

We found one each in two different Chuichu mines.
    And at least one in one near Cleator
    Disclaimably quotastic
    I are photographer
    armchaircrisis.com

Do you have any idea of what kind you saw near chuichu? Western Diamondback probably?

Quote Originally Posted by Cascavel View Post
    Do you have any idea of what kind you saw near chuichu? Western Diamondback probably?
    Similar to this

This one was down in Florence Junction
    Zombie Caving
    Siblings are like sausages. Itís better not to see them being made.

Yep that is a WDB. Cool shot. It's waiting for food to run by.