Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Contact Us" Email chuckle

Quote Originally Posted by Cecil View Post
    Wow! I hope Al feels better now that it's out in the open. Reply and ask if He wants to go wheeling sometime. Nothing heals like the AZ trails...:eyeroll:
    Is this "kill em with kindness"? If so i agree in this instance.
    It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard...is what makes it great.
    :Jimmy Dugan

Yep. Is He truly offended, or is He secretly hoping to tag along on a trail ride? Some people reach out in interesting ways. I have a spare seat....:cool)
    James
    '06 LJ Bashmobile

I, too, have a spare seat (three of them, in most occasions) and he can ride with me. I'm glad, however, that as a group, we still love him. God does, so all we can really do it pray and love him back (unless he has cancer, as he pointed out...). Personally, I liked his e-mail. I thought it was funny, well written, and something I would have sent 15 years ago. } It does remind us that people are watching and our lives are our witness.

Back on point: see if he wants to go wheelin.
    The Dusty Gnome / White Collar Publishing
    Follow @thedustygnome on Twitter and at www.thedustygnome.com or White Collar Publishing on FB

Official HG response email:

Hello Allan,

Thank you for the email. Instead of speaking for all of Higher Ground, I figured I'd post your questions up in our forum and see what others had to say. This could have been a disastrous decision as not everyone who frequents our site/club is as well written as you. I don’t want to use the word brash, but you understand.

More than anything else it seemed that most of our members were interested in which vehicle of theirs got the rep points for being spotted, and were excited to go “wheeling” with you after you got one of your mentioned clubs up and running.

I am sorry though to hear Christianity was distorted for you in church. I understand how humanity can so perverse the personal relationship God wants with each of us. As a Christian and knowing what and who the definition of perfect is, maybe it is better said that even though we may be doomed to fail, we strive for Higher Ground in our daily pursuits; that given the free choice, we would hope to find ourselves there above the temptations and sorrows of this Earthly ground.

On a lighter note, I was happy your email was one of discourse and not complaint against someone’s particular driving habits. Stickers, like people, can’t always well represent the significance behind what drives them.

Michael
    HigherGround4x4.com
    Disclaimably quotastic
    I are photographer
    armchaircrisis.com

Very nicely written reply, Michael!

I read the email this morning but didn't have time to respond to this thread, so I've been thinking about it off and on all day. And the thing I keep coming back to is feeling sorry for Allen, because his image of Christianity and Christians was so badly destroyed and distorted.

The reason I am empathetic to this man is because I so easily could have taken the same (perhaps not quite to vehemently) path. I was treated piously by members of ‘my church’ after my attendance became spotty during the construction of our home. At first I was bitter about it, and distanced myself further from my fellowship with them. And then I found irony in it all; that I had learned better the lessons of Our Father than my own Minister and the person who had baptized me!

Through my pain in reaction to their piousness, I reminded myself, ‘I won’t try to pick their splinters until I get this log from beneath my own skin’. Ultimately, I came up with, ‘Going to Church makes you a Christian as much as standing in a garage makes you a car’. And I realized that there are people everywhere with varying ideas of what they interpret Christianity to be, and God Love ‘Em, none is perfect.

So, I came away with a healthy attitude and a good perspective, and I feel sorry for Allen that he came away with bitterness and hatred. Luckily for him, Jesus loves him anyways.

d
    George & Diane
    www.OffroadPassport.com

'00 TJ 2.5L LowOutput w/5 spd.
    4" Teraflex Longarm w/ 33" MT's
    4:88 Gears / Super 35 Rear
    Dana 30 Front w/ Warn Hubs
    TeraLow 4:1 T-Case
    OX Lockers

Every Dog Has His Day!

Quote Originally Posted by Number 7 View Post
    Very nicely written reply, Michael!

I read the email this morning but didn't have time to respond to this thread, so I've been thinking about it off and on all day. And the thing I keep coming back to is feeling sorry for Allen, because his image of Christianity and Christians was so badly destroyed and distorted.

The reason I am empathetic to this man is because I so easily could have taken the same (perhaps not quite to vehemently) path. I was treated piously by members of ‘my church’ after my attendance became spotty during the construction of our home. At first I was bitter about it, and distanced myself further from my fellowship with them. And then I found irony in it all; that I had learned better the lessons of Our Father than my own Minister and the person who had baptized me!

Through my pain in reaction to their piousness, I reminded myself, ‘I won’t try to pick their splinters until I get this log from beneath my own skin’. Ultimately, I came up with, ‘Going to Church makes you a Christian as much as standing in a garage makes you a car’. And I realized that there are people everywhere with varying ideas of what they interpret Christianity to be, and God Love ‘Em, none is perfect.

So, I came away with a healthy attitude and a good perspective, and I feel sorry for Allen that he came away with bitterness and hatred. Luckily for him, Jesus loves him anyways.

d

Very well put, I to had the same thing happen to be a little over a year ago.. I however was bitter for a long time.. and just recently have overcome that. I relate with that he's saying, and it sucks that Christians today can be so messed up in the head and drive so many people away from their relationship with God and not even know it. What we all must remember is, rather you do or do not attend a church, or rather the church is filled with 4 people or 4000 people God only cares about the relationship you keep with him. That, is what Christianity is about.

I find myself closer to Him when I'm camping and exploring in some remote area than I ever did inside a church or chapel.

d
    George & Diane
    www.OffroadPassport.com

'00 TJ 2.5L LowOutput w/5 spd.
    4" Teraflex Longarm w/ 33" MT's
    4:88 Gears / Super 35 Rear
    Dana 30 Front w/ Warn Hubs
    TeraLow 4:1 T-Case
    OX Lockers

Every Dog Has His Day!

Agreed^^^ Gets you away from all the wordly distractions and it's easier to just focus on the beauty of what he gave us

Cant wait to read his response..
    Last edited by Skatchkins; 10-16-2009 at 08:56 AM.
    .,=======o00o
    //___l__|_,\___\,___
    l_---\__|___l---[]lllllll[]
    _(o)_)_____(o)_)--o-)_)__

RIP MOM I LOVE YOU 1/16/1950 - 5/30/08