Thread: Apache death cave?

Default Apache death cave?

Anyone been to this?
    I discovered Two Guns Arizona (near meteor crater) on my may to New Mexico this week and stopped to look at some old stone buildings in the area. As i was leaving a highway patrol pulled up and asked me if everything was ok. I told him that i was just having a look around and snapping some pics. He explained that some of the buildings used to be a zoo of sorts. When i got to my hotel i did some net searching for Two Guns AZ and found out that there is a cave onsite that i literally walked right by without seeing. It is known as Apache death cave because a number of indians were burned alive in it. On my way back to Phoenix today i stopped in again and checked out the cave a bit. I was by myself so i didn't go in far but it appears to have quite a few tunnels and i saw no sign of it ending.
    I plan on doing a full exploration in a few weeks when i'm in the area again and i have someone with me.
    Have any of you been deep into this one?

http://www.hkhinc.com/arizona/twoguns/deathcave.htm
    http://www.hkhinc.com/arizona/twoguns/richardson.htm
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard...is what makes it great.
    :Jimmy Dugan

Cool find.
    <><

No plan B.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger except for bears, bears will kill you.

#Ibelieve

Never been there, just passed through. Last I read people were still getting shot at by the town owner.
    Cool find :cool)
    Let us know how far back you get. Looks more like a mine?
    Disclaimably quotastic
    I are photographer
    armchaircrisis.com

Quote Originally Posted by Skatchkins View Post
    Never been there, just passed through. Last I read people were still getting shot at by the town owner.
    Cool find :cool)
    Let us know how far back you get. Looks more like a mine?
    Well, the caretaker was a pain for a while but has been gone for years according to what a read and the condition of his trailer on site.
    As far as it being a mine, it's more of a split in the earth. People speculate that when the meteor hit nearby that it fractured the earth.
    Apparently someone spent alot of time stacking rocks and what not when it was a tourist spot. No evidence of actual mining on site. There are holes and cracks all over the area though. Walking around at night could be deadly.
    It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard...is what makes it great.

Chad.. That looks like it'd be a lot of fun to explore.. Send me a PM or something when you decide when your going back I'd love to go out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Avis View Post
    Chad.. That looks like it'd be a lot of fun to explore.. Send me a PM or something when you decide when your going back I'd love to go out there.
    Sounds like a plan.