Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HG4x4 is a Christian group?

Default HG4x4 is a Christian group?

Ok, the NAXJA thread brought this up and got me wondering. I've had people ask me this before and I'm not sure how to answer. What's the official response?

"Higherground 4x4? Isn't that a Christian group?"

My answers in the past have been along the lines of "Not really, it's just another offroad group."

In the time I've been here, religion has never been asked, suggested, required, or mentioned to me. My religious beliefs are Christian and I like that this forum is more family friendly oriented, but I'm not sure how to explain that it isn't a prerequisite to join or go along with this group.

Guess it's like "Is LifeHouse a Christian band?"

Its basis is. Its core members are. If you ased them about their faith they'd be quick to respond. Most people know them as Christian by their actions but they're not forcefull. Their desire is to prduce music. If their values show through then...
    Last edited by Skatchkins; 05-29-2009 at 01:35 PM.
    Disclaimably quotastic
    I are photographer
    armchaircrisis.com

hah yah I saw that one. We never set out to be Christian exclusive or to be preachy

although the club was founded by Christians it was never our intent to force our views on other people
    Zombie Caving
    Siblings are like sausages. Itís better not to see them being made.

the Icthus (fish with wheels) is what makes people think it's full on Christian. 4x4Him and others are specific Christian outreach ministries. They have a place and pray before each run and are agressive in their ministry. Again, there's a place for that and it's great... not my style.

We are a 4 wheelin' group (and getting better all the time). Most of us are Christians, but it isn't a rule or requirement. As Mike said, many of us will share our faith quickly and as people in wheeling circles get to know us, it invariable comes up and creates a witnessing opportunity that may not have been there if we weren't active wheelers. The general perception, again because most of us are open about our faith and because our logo is the cross and our fish is the secret sign of Jesus's followers...is that we are a Christian organization. I'm conscious of that when I'm on other boards in what I say and how I saw it, but I'm not preaching.
    Last edited by alanzona; 05-29-2009 at 02:16 PM.
    The Dusty Gnome / White Collar Publishing
    Follow @thedustygnome on Twitter and at www.thedustygnome.com or White Collar Publishing on FB

I liked your response. Heaven's got a gate keeper obstacle :lol:
    Disclaimably quotastic
    I are photographer
    armchaircrisis.com

=) Thanks buddy. Wanted to say something without being preachy. I know Stewie... great guy, pretty anti-Christian in many ways so I didn't want to egg him on or get him going on a debate, so I had fun with him and didn't just ignore his comment, but turned it into something fun.
    The Dusty Gnome / White Collar Publishing
    Follow @thedustygnome on Twitter and at www.thedustygnome.com or White Collar Publishing on FB

Quote Originally Posted by Skatchkins View Post
    Most people know them as Christian by their actions but they're not forcefull.
    Virgil,

In my opinion this quote above from Mike 100% sums up this group.

For me personally I am kind of the black sheep or outsider of this group. I'm friends with all of the guys Bob especially. As you know I own the other board and these guys have supported that venture to the max. So I like to give back in a way and support other boards. I have also wheeled and camped extensively with these people and find them to be a GREAT group to be on a trail and around a campfire with. Sure the religious undertones are there and I even walked up on a conversation at a camp fire where Mike was trying to tell Bob's sister some pretty funny stuff based on the bible. :rockon: But I've never been made to feel like an AHole or outsider because I don't attend church or share some of the views.

So yes I would say this is a Christian Wheeling Group, but very true to the words they believe in they treat all comers in the manner of kindness and acceptance.
    Thanks,
    Jack Hickman (Dozzer)

President - AZOHVC
    AZ Rock Rats
    Vice President - ASA4WDC

I love you Jack
    Disclaimably quotastic
    I are photographer
    armchaircrisis.com

Quote Originally Posted by skatchkins View Post
    i love you jack
    Name:  Iloveyou.jpg
Views: 364
Size:  19.4 KB
    Last edited by Skatchkins; 05-29-2009 at 05:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skatchkins View Post
    I love you Jack
    Um, thank you.......I Guess.... :lol:
    Thanks,
    Jack Hickman (Dozzer)

President - AZOHVC
    AZ Rock Rats
    Vice President - ASA4WDC