Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anaconda 12-27-08

most difficult Anaconda 12-27-08

All I got to say is BAD-SS. I had so much fun today with everyone. Sucks we had to leave early but we had dinner plans up here prescott. Some one PLEASE post some pics. I will post mine then i get home.
    Last edited by Skatchkins; 04-02-2009 at 09:01 PM.
    .,=======o00o
    //___l__|_,\___\,___
    l_---\__|___l---[]lllllll[]
    _(o)_)_____(o)_)--o-)_)__

RIP MOM I LOVE YOU 1/16/1950 - 5/30/08

So... Alan, are you okay brother?
    You guys rocked the trail.
    Disclaimably quotastic
    I are photographer
    armchaircrisis.com

Alan has a good story? I want to hear!

yes, we are OK.

You know, sometimes, the most dangerous part of the trip isn't the trail, but the ride home.

In the construction zone right before you turn off I-17 onto the loop 101, my left rear hit the ground, sparks flew, and my left rear tire passed me doing 50 mph... rollin' on down the road, between cars, to the other side of the concrete barriers, before crossing traffic AGAIN and coming to a reat 500 yards down the freeway in front of us...... un-harmed!

Ivan and I pulled to the shoulder, up against the concrete barrier and went to work like a professional pit crew. Hi-Lift from the rear, spare tire off the roof rack, dodge a car blowing by you hiney, jack up the XJ, put the tire on, steal three lug nuts off the other three tires, limp down the road, pick up your spare, pass out. 8|

1st of all - Do you need proof of God and angels and all that? Well there it is! We were un-harmed, quickly on our way, no Jeep damage, no other vehicle damage, etc... God was with us and protected us.

2nd of all - I've not had a spare that fit my XJ since I went to the 35's... talked to Geoff about picking one up for the last six month, but we didn't get around to it until this past Sunday/Monday... then we used in on Saturday. Thank you Geoff (and another big Jesus shout out...)

3rd of all - it's really surreal to get passed by your rear tire. That is all.

Inspecting the damage once we got home, it appears the bolts for the spacers stripped, because the spacer is still bolted to the rim, but all 5 of the spacer bolts pulled off the studs, tire goes flying. Really strange freak thing. I guess somehow I didn't tighten them well enough. Obviously, I thought I did, but the proof is in the pudding. All five shouldn't have pulled off though. I will investigate further (and use lockright!)

Finally, I'll be getting an air compressor and some air tools, etc... for bolting things on in the future. Jennifer is in agreement. :red|

Ivan was a champ! The XJ is fine. God is good...

now where are the TRAIL PICS!!!! Anaconda was freakin' AWESOME. Geoff, Dana/Jon - great driving. Big shout out to the Rock Rats for their encouragement and willingness to go with us. They let us lead, but is was nice knowing there were back there.

Killer day , guys and girls. Thank you again for such a great day.

- Alan, Ivan, and one muddy XJ
    Last edited by alanzona; 12-27-2008 at 07:03 PM.
    The Dusty Gnome / White Collar Publishing
    Follow @thedustygnome on Twitter and at www.thedustygnome.com or White Collar Publishing on FB

Now that that's over.

Anaconda was a blast. Challenging, great obstacles, plenty of places to push your rig, narrow, rushing river crossing, mud on the road back to air down.

I definately give it a thumbs up. Geoff, thanks for the spot of the optional line as we were entering LT going to Anaconda. That started the day out nice and tippy and it just got better from there!

Also, shout to Lance and Joe for the great spots. As always, you learn so much wheelin' with them. Good to have the Rats along!

Can't wait to see picture and then re-live everything Saturday when we do the snow run!!!
    Last edited by alanzona; 12-27-2008 at 08:35 PM.
    The Dusty Gnome / White Collar Publishing
    Follow @thedustygnome on Twitter and at www.thedustygnome.com or White Collar Publishing on FB

wow, glad youre okay!
    Zombie Caving
    Siblings are like sausages. Itís better not to see them being made.

Wow! First off, glad to hear you guys are OK! Whew! It's crazy how you just came by for that tire! There was a reason for it and God knew. Again, glad to hear you guys are safe and sound and unharmed.

Thanks dana for the nudge, I had a great time being in the drivers seat. With some more time maybe I can run on the next girls run.

PICS!!! I had a great time out there on Conda with you guys. Always a fun day with this group.

Quote Originally Posted by JPrincess View Post
    Thanks dana for the nudge, I had a great time being in the drivers seat. With some more time maybe I can run on the next girls run.
    Sure thing girl! I'm glad you drove for a bit.... and on an obstacle! All you needed was to get through that one "tough" part and it was a huge confidence booster, I'm sure :cool)

I had lots of fun and so did our out-of-towners.
    Ewes not fat ewes fluffy

Ok heres a few of our pics

The last one is the damage Shanda sdid on the last water fall o well she did a great job.
    Theres a few im sure Mike and everyone else has some better pics.
    .,=======o00o
    //___l__|_,\___\,___
    l_---\__|___l---[]lllllll[]
    _(o)_)_____(o)_)--o-)_)__

RIP MOM I LOVE YOU 1/16/1950 - 5/30/08