Article: AUX Stereo Input - Xterra

Default AUX Stereo Input - Xterra

Zombie Caving
    Siblings are like sausages. Itís better not to see them being made.

qaz Guest

Post Is the switch needed?

I have found several cables that do the exact same thing as this one but dont have a switch on them. Is the switch really needed? Is there a way that when I push the CD button on the unit, it forces the CD changer port therefore eliminating the need for a switch or does it do that automatically with something plugged in? I don't care at all about having a working CD player if I have an ipod hooked up. I just want to make sure that if I ever want to revert to original, i can.

Thanks in advance.
    -J

qaz Guest

And yes, I'm bringing back an old post.

I don't doubt that you could poke around in there and find the power lead for the CD switch. Do I know where to start looking for it? No.
    You have the same unit in the article?

Something's got to tell it to switch to the hidden aux mode.
    I'd do the switch and put it in an inconspicuous place if you want to revert later. Just dangle the RCA cables down from the dash or run them into the console.
    Disclaimably quotastic
    I are photographer
    armchaircrisis.com

(and I'm not very helpful, so ignore my posts)

You other option is to sing REALLY LOUD and pretent you are an iPod.
    The Dusty Gnome / White Collar Publishing
    Follow @thedustygnome on Twitter and at www.thedustygnome.com or White Collar Publishing on FB

qaz Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Skatchkins View Post
    I don't doubt that you could poke around in there and find the power lead for the CD switch. Do I know where to start looking for it? No.
    You have the same unit in the article?

Something's got to tell it to switch to the hidden aux mode.
    I'd do the switch and put it in an inconspicuous place if you want to revert later. Just dangle the RCA cables down from the dash or run them into the console.
    Ya I have the exact same unit from the one in the article.
    I'm thinking about getting THIS off of ebay and if it doesnt work without the switch, ill just add one into it somehow.

Cool. That'll keep you from having to sodder
    The item description states 'Some of the units that this item will fit you have to turn on the AUXILIARY INPUT for this to work.'
    Disclaimably quotastic
    I are photographer
    armchaircrisis.com

qaz Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Skatchkins View Post
    Cool. That'll keep you from having to sodder
    The item description states 'Some of the units that this item will fit you have to turn on the AUXILIARY INPUT for this to work.'
    Thats sort of my problem I think. Since I don't have a dedicated AUX button to turn it on, I think I have to use a switch attached to a 12v power supply for this to work.