Thread: Local Mission Project: Feed My Starving Children

Default Local Mission Project: Feed My Starving Children

One of the things we've been discussing lately has been opportunities for us to walk our walk... not just in Offroad and Land Usage areas, but in our regular lives as well in the world around us.

Periodically, we'll be looking at community service opportunities and ways to help others in need with our actions and our time. Much like the care packages for soldiers, we want to truly help and serve others as Christ served us (and if that doesn't motivate you, then because it's the right thing to do! LOL)

If you have suggestions or a cause that is close to your heart, I think I unofficially became the "prom committee" for coordinating these things. Either post up the event yourself here in this forum, of PM me you ideas. We're looking to do something meaningful in our community at least once a quarter.

So, Here's a local project we can all do in August. It's simple and easy, but it meets a need. It's a meal packing event. Every wonder who puts together all the food after everything's been donated? People like you and me who volunteer their time.

Here's the link to the CCV information and registration site:

Here's the summary of the suggested project we do as a group:

Get your family involved in supporting our summer mission project, Feed My Starving Children. CCV is hosting a meal-packing event August 3-5 where children and adults will hand-pack nutritious, scientifically developed meals for starving children. Don't miss out on this opportunity to impact the lives of children in extreme need. Register for one meal packing shift today!

Here are the times/shifts available:

Sunday Aug.3
    4:30-6:30pm: Family #1
    7:00-9:00pm: Jr. High & High School

Monday Aug.4
    4:00-6:00pm: Family #2
    6:30-8:30pm: Family #3

Tuesday Aug.5
    10:00am-12:00pm: Family #4
    4:00-6:00pm: Youth Sports

I propose the Sunday evening shift, from 4:30 - 6:30.
    The Dusty Gnome / White Collar Publishing
    Follow @thedustygnome on Twitter and at www.thedustygnome.com or White Collar Publishing on FB

Sounds good to me. Megan and I were just talking about this last weekend. We will be there
    Zombie Caving
    Siblings are like sausages. Itís better not to see them being made.

I'm looking forward to helping out with this project!!

This is something I would really want to do. I might be starting my new Job on August 1st so getting off early on Sunday or getting the day off is up in the air right now. If I can get the day off I could have everyone meet at my house before or after for a little get together. I live right next to CCV on 99th Ave and Beardsley.

I am going to meet with the ower of the dealership I am transfering to next week and I will see about getting that day off.
    "The American Indians found out what happens when
    you don't control immigration."