Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Short runs...

Default Short runs...

I realized after posting the Havasu/Parker/Kingman post I should have posted it here... sorry.

Anyway, I personally really, really enjoyed the quick run out a Table Mesa a couple weekends ago. We met at six and I was home by 9. Ran Lower Terminator. For me, it was easier on family time since it didn't take all day out of our limited time together, plus it was easier on the wallet because it was a 30 minute drive to Table Mesa and didn't take $100 worth of gas just to run trails all day...

So, any interest in supplementing our larger outings that involve camping and the entire weekend with some occasional morning runs during the summer up at Table Mesa? A couple more of the 6 - 9 AM runs on Saturdays? I know it would be easier on me, I'd like to see Nate again (don't ask me why...), and it doesn't break the bank. It takes discipline to just run one trail, but I got to tell you, it was a blast and it met the need to crawl some rocks!

Talk amongst yourselves... =)
    The Dusty Gnome / White Collar Publishing
    Follow @thedustygnome on Twitter and at www.thedustygnome.com or White Collar Publishing on FB

id be interested in short morning runs, not sure if I can afford to try 4+ trails right now but something a little easier might be fun
    Zombie Caving
    Siblings are like sausages. Itís better not to see them being made.

That would work great for me right now ( I miss you too Alan) It cant be this weekend I'm taking the kids to a sneek peek for Camp Rock (those with kids will understand)
    When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bike. Then I realized that God doesn't work that way, so I stole one and asked him to forgive me.

Yup... you guys get what I'm saying. I'm not suggesting this weekend, but maybe one Saturday a month during the summer do a short run that's close. A 4+ trail has too much chance for breakage, so things like Raw Deal, or things that have enough bypasses to make it fun for everyone would be great.

Cool. Let me get with Bob and Jack and a couple others that really know the trails out there and get a list of possible runs and we can just go ahead and schedule!

Rock on!
    Follow @thedustygnome on Twitter and at www.thedustygnome.com or White Collar Publishing on FB

You guys would be fine on trails like Raw Deal, Judgement Day, Predator, Lower Terminator, Upper Terminator and even Karma. None of those are 4 trails and can be run by a capable group in a couple hours time. Hell even Dirty Sanchez is probably one that you could all run without getting any body damage. What do you think Bob?

The ones you are going to want to stay away from are Collateral Damage, Die Hard, Tater Falls, Twisted, etc.....
    Thanks,
    Jack Hickman (Dozzer)

President - AZOHVC
    AZ Rock Rats
    Vice President - ASA4WDC

I didn't have fun on DS... My wheel base was too short... other than that the trail you listed should be fine for most of the group... You think the X could do LT?
    Touch the cow. Do it NOW!

Quote Originally Posted by fatbob309 View Post
    I didn't have fun on DS... My wheel base was too short... other than that the trail you listed should be fine for most of the group... You think the X could do LT?
    Have you ran it since you put the 4:1 in? That will help you in a big way on that trail. Also have you been into Karma and Tater Falls with us yet? If not you'll need to boss. They are fun and once you see where they are then feel free to lead any of the gang in there if you want.

If I remember rightly the X is locked at one end or the other right Mike? I'd say it can do Lower using some of the up and arounds on the harder obstacles. Not saying that Mike couldn't drive them, but knowing the restricted approach angle there wouldn't be any difference between him and Alan. The X is a little taller also so a man strap might be in order on White Line to keep him from leaning into the wall.
    Thanks,
    Jack Hickman (Dozzer)

President - AZOHVC
    AZ Rock Rats
    Vice President - ASA4WDC

Quote Originally Posted by RKHOWND View Post
    there wouldn't be any difference between him and Alan.
    His ride is more prettier... =)

Prettier and not locked.
    Disclaimably quotastic
    I are photographer
    armchaircrisis.com

what about early early AM 4:30ish on the 21st? back by 9?
    Zombie Caving
    Siblings are like sausages. Itís better not to see them being made.